Our client had difficulty sanitizing this piece due to exposed wood grain, seating structure, and ripped material. We restored it to better-than-new condition for about half the cost of new.
Problems to Solve
- Infection prevention problem with exposed wood grain
- Very difficult to clean in between seats
- Material worn and ripped in several places
- Parts missing or broken
- Wood arms were replaced with new foam and PVC-free vinyl
- Seat cushions were steamed to revive the foam for better patient comfort
- Every nut and bolt was tightened and / or replaced, and all nut inserts were replaced with a pronged t-nut for greater strength
- MSRP on this piece is $3,998. R3S revived this piece for under $1,100.
- Nurses were thrilled about the new aesthetic and PVC-free vinyl material
- Each piece is given a product tag that supplies manufacturer, part number, R3S part number, material used, and date of remanufacture.